Alright class, listen up!
Today we will be having a pop quiz about the laws in Exodus 22. This will be a multiple choice quiz and let me be clear, it is NOT open-book! Please do not consult any other resources whilst taking this quiz. I am watching you!
(Seriously, this kinda has to be on the honor system. I trust you all.)Please leave your answers in the comment section. The highest score(s) will receive some free bloggy promotion during my next “Other Stuff Sunday” post later this week. In the event of a tie, I will randomly choose one of the top scorers.
Are you ready? GO!
1) If you were a thief trying to steal someone’s animals, when would you be least likely to be killed if caught?
A) Just after sundown
B) At midnight
C) Just after sunrise
D) During The Bachelorette
2) A train leaves from Egypt traveling at sixty miles per hour. During the trip, the train is hijacked by banditos who proceed to steal exactly 2 sheep. Later, they are caught. How many sheep will the thieves pay in restitution?
3) True or False? When you lend an animal to someone it is wise to stick around in case something happens that injures or kills the animal.
4) According to Exodus 22, which of the following will NOT result in the death penalty?
A) Being a female sorcerer
B) Being a male sorcerer
C) Having sex with an animal
D) Sacrificing to another God
5) Read the following law.
You shall not abuse any widow or orphan. If you do abuse them, when they cry out to me, I will surely heed their cry; my wrath will burn, and I will kill you with the sword, and your wives shall become widows and your children orphans.
This is an example of which literary technique?
D) Deus Ex Machina
6) If you are going to seduce a virgin who is NOT pledged to be married, what must you also be prepared to do?
A) Explain yourself
B) Call her the next day
C) Undergo a cleansing ritual
D) Marry her
7) Why are you forbidden to wrong or mistreat a resident alien?
A) Aliens are God’s children too
B) You were aliens in the land of Egypt
C) Aliens are not forgiving creatures and are likely to go on rampages through your town wrecking your trains, stealing your people, frightening away all of your dogs, and generally scaring the bejesus out of everyone.
(Bonus point if you can name the movie in the last reference!)
Again, please leave your answers in the comments section! I will close the comments on Wednesday.